Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday

Thank goodness I was able to finally get a good nights rest.  I was very happy to sleep in.  Today was a great day on my own.  I took a 2 hour walk today starting with the pier around the water.  My intentions were to walk down there and read my book, however it was way too cold.  Even though there isn't snow on the ground the wind off the water and the mountains make it unbearable to get around for me without my Michelin Man jacket, snookie and scarf. I ended up ending my walk at Starbucks and enjoyed a nice warm spot and started a new book.  During my day out a passed 4 Americans!  Two were guys around my age and they yelled hello across the street at me.  I know they were being nice and not attempting to pick me up because I look like black stuffed animal with all my gear on!  It was just great to be able to say hello back in English.  I know the Koreans at the store are being nice but I have no idea what they are saying or how to respond.  I am going to look for a Korean tutor, I need to talk to people!  I would love to speak to all the senior citizens I am walking about with while everyone else is at work!  A cute older man tried to sit with me on the pier today and start a conversation, sure wish I knew what he was saying. 

Tonight will be our first night to try traditional Korean food, well at least what the women in the grocery store pushed on me.  I have no idea what is in it besides pork and that I can cook it in a pan.  I will post pictures of the dish later tonight. 

Another exciting note, I found the ATM and discovered I now have 4 channels on the TV that are in English (well one is in English have the time). 

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

Pictures from Dinner!
Uncooked Pork??
Cooked Pork on Rice.  It was actually a little sweet.  It didn't taste too bad, my only complaint is that there was too much fat mixed in.


1 comment:

  1. Shawn - I'm happy y'all are getting settled in. My co-worker is from South Korea and her family cooked us traditional Korean food before - it is quite tasty - but some of it is rather spicy! I have listened to her speak Korean to her family for the past 2 years and have picked up nothing! I hope you can learn some of the language soon! I'm glad you are blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete